Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Net Worth Update


My net worth this month increased by $1,024.70. Here's the summary explanation:

Assets
403(b): (+682.51) Every two weeks, $125 goes to this account. The bulk of this month's increase (sans the $250 contribution) is based on the performance of my investments.

Emergency Savings: (+0.75)  No deposits (yet). This is interest earned.

Regular Brokerage Account and Roth IRA: (+146.36 and -272.36, respectively) $50 to brokerage account....$96.36 increase in value in the investments in the same account. $272.36 decline in value in investments in Roth account<<<sad face.

Savings Account: (-50.00) Originally, I had a balance of $25, then I had an automatic deposit of $25, and then I transferred $50 to spend. Now I have a penny in this account. Recently, I enrolled in "Keep the Change" - a program that rounds up the amount of my transactions in my checking account and deposits the difference into my savings account- so we'll see how this affects my savings account balance.

Liabilities
Car Loan: (+574.18) Steady paying more than the $269.11 requested of me. I can't wait for this sucker to be gone!

Credit Card: (-1514.22) From March 1st to April 1st, I've paid $1514.22 to my credit card. A large part of this is because of a $1,010.31 car repair. The other expenses are work-related (which will be reimbursed), a bit of airfare and some other things I can't quite remember (I know, I've gotta do better!)

Student Loan: (+111.64)  With each payment, a few more dollars go towards the principal. I can't wait to get rid of this sucker, too!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment