|Image from: www.geeks.pirillo.com|
Lately, I've been reflecting on this year and the past decade (technically, the past eleven years, but I digress). It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time "flies by." My sister warned me that "after 21, it's all a blur." Blur or no blur, I'd like to review some of my accomplishments and a few things I am looking forward to in the new year.
What I'm Proud of...
- Procuring a higher-paying position with an organization I admire and a wonderful group of colleagues.
- Making massive additional payments to eliminate my car loan debt.
- Reining in credit card spending and managing the account so that I have a small balance (i.e. less than 30% of my credit line) or zero balance.
- Sharing my financial experiences with the world [wide web].
What I'm Looking Forward to...
- Increasing my savings and investing amounts (including maxing out IRA and getting on track to save $10,000).
- Increasing my net income.
- Finally eliminating my car note...and increasing my principal payments to my student loan debt.
- Consistently paying my credit card balance in full.
- Expanding my knowledge about insurance, taxes and investing.
What was YOUR biggest financial accomplishment of 2010?
P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Have fun and be safe!