Thursday, December 30, 2010

One More Day of 2010

Image from: www.geeks.pirillo.com
Lately, I've been reflecting on this year and the past decade (technically, the past eleven years, but I digress). It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time "flies by." My sister warned me that "after 21, it's all a blur." Blur or no blur, I'd like to review some of my accomplishments and a few things I am looking forward to in the new year.
 
What I'm Proud of... 
  • Procuring a higher-paying position with an organization I admire and a wonderful group of colleagues. 
  • Making massive additional payments to eliminate my car loan debt.
  • Reining in credit card spending and managing the account so that I have a small balance (i.e. less than 30% of my credit line) or zero balance.
  • Sharing my financial experiences with the world [wide web].

What I'm Looking Forward to...
  • Increasing my savings and investing amounts (including maxing out IRA and getting on track to save $10,000).
  • Increasing my net income.
  • Finally eliminating my car note...and increasing my principal payments to my student loan debt.
  • Consistently paying my credit card balance in full.
  • Expanding my knowledge about insurance, taxes and investing.
What was YOUR biggest financial accomplishment of 2010?

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Have fun and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment